Parts of the Nose and its Common Ailment
Posted September 13, 2008on:
- Divided into two narrow passages by a thin wall of soft bone.
- Filter the air that goes into the lungs
- two openings of the nose where air enters. It lets air in and out of our lungs.
- allows the passage of air in and out of the nostrils.
- the membrane secretes a sticky fluid (fly paper)
- sufficiently supplied with blood vessels close to the surface which warms the air.
- hair-like tissues (broom)
- Filter or sift dust and other particles in the air
- send message to the brain
COMMON AILMENT OF THE NOSE
an inflammation of the nasal mucosa (mucus membrane) lining of the nose and the sinus
when weather is very hot that can be a result of broken blood vessels in the nostrils.
cause sneezing and sore throat.
cannot smell very well because your nose is bloked by mucus and it makes difficult to breathe.
an inflammation of the nasal cavity and mucus membrane. An allergy caused by pollen form from certain plants.
FIRST AID FOR NOSE BLEEDING
Let the person rest in a sitting position or in a reclining position.
Apply a cold compress to the person’s nose and face.
If bleeding does not stop, insert a small, clean pad of gauze into one or both nostrils
Apply pressure with your finger or consult a doctor immediately.
CARE FOR THE NOSE
Use Clean handkerchief or a tissue paper
Blow your nose gently
Never put your finger or any pointed object inside your nose
Avoid smelling toxic or unknown chemicals.